Terms of participation and use
On our website, we provide you with various ways
through which you can register online for imbus trainings, webinars or events,
or for the imbus download area.
Your registration requires your agreement to the respective terms and conditions of participation and use.
To make it easier for you to retrieve the respective terms of participation and use, simply select the use case that suits you best:
1. Scope (for informational purposes, only. Binding is the German version)
These General Terms and Conditions of the imbus Academy are binding for contracts regarding chargeable events with the following companies
- imbus AG, Kleinseebacher Straße 9, 91096 Moehrendorf,
- imbus Niedersachsen GmbH, Muehlenwinkel 8,
- imbus Rhein-Main GmbH, Kirschgartenstr. 15,
65719 Hofheim and
- imbus Rheinland GmbH, Maternusstraße 44, 50996 Cologne,
in the following referred to as imbus.
The term "event" refers to seminars or workshops offered by imbus as an organizer, in particular face-to-face events and online events organized by imbus, such as "virtual classroom" online seminars or workshops and courses in blended learning format.
2. Contact in text form
imbus can be reached in text form (letter, e-mail, fax) at:
imbus AG, Hauptstr. 8a,
91096 Moehrendorf, Deutschland
fax: +49 9131 7518-50
3. Registration for the event
Registrations, rebookings and cancellations must be made in text form.
For "Virtual Classroom" events, imbus recommends that registrations be made no later than 5 working days before the start of the event, so that physical documents can be sent in time. In case of less than 5 working days, imbus cannot guarantee that the documents will reach the participant in time for the start of the course.
4. Included services
The participation fees include, unless explicitly agreed otherwise in the contract:
At all events:
- Costs for required participant documents
For face-to-face events in rooms provided by imbus
- Break refreshments and lunch
For online events
- License fees for the software applications provided by imbus (e.g. online conferencing software and learning management software) for the duration of the course.
5. Not included services
Participants' arrival and departure and their accommodation or transfers at the event location.
The required technical infrastructure for online events on the part of the participants (e.g. Internet access and PC).
6. Certification exam
Fees for certification exams are not included in the event price. Depending on the offer, participation in certification exams can be ordered separately.
If the certification exam is not taken within 12 months after invoicing, the fee is forfeited. There is no right to a refund.
7. Prices and due date
Unless otherwise stated, all prices are per person in euros plus VAT. For private end users, the gross prices are stated in each case. In the case of face-to-face events and "virtual classroom" online seminars or workshops, invoicing takes place after participation in the event. In the case of blended learning, invoicing takes place after the kick-off event of the respective booked course.
Unless otherwise agreed, the participation fee must be paid within 14 days of receipt of the invoice without deductions.
8. Deviations in the execution
The confirmation of the registration by imbus does not consti-tute a legal claim to the execution of the seminar on the con-firmed date.
imbus may cancel events if the minimum number of partici-pants is not reached or in case of serious reasons (e.g. illness of the speaker or force majeure). In exceptional cases, the cancellation can be made at short notice.
imbus reserves the right to change the place of performance, the date, the trainer, as well as minor changes in the content of events.
In case of changes of place or date as well as in case of cancellations, imbus will inform registered participants im-mediately (without culpable hesitation) in text form.
If it is not possible for participants to take part in the event due to the change, imbus will offer replacement dates or, upon request, will refund the full amount of participation fees al-ready paid.
Beyond that, no further recourse claims can be made against imbus, in particular no compensation for travel and/or ac-commodation costs or loss of working hours.
9. Dealing with disruption
imbus reserves the right to exclude participants who massively disrupt the course of the event. In this case, an administrative fee of 20% of the participation fee will be charged proportionally for the parts of the event not attended.
In this case, there is no right of recourse against imbus.
10. Rebooking and cancellation
Cancellations by the participant are free of charge if they are received by imbus in text form at least three weeks before the start of the event. imbus asks for your understanding that cancellations at short notice, no-shows or only partial attendance of an event will be charged as full attendance. In the case of face-to-face events, it is possible to name a substitute participant free of charge until immediately before the start of the event.
In the case of online events, the nomination of a substitute participant is possible up to 5 working days before the start of the event, or KickOff in the case of Blended Learning. Imbus will only charge a nominal fee of 80 EUR if it is necessary to create and send printed participant documents again.
11. Cancellation policy for private participants
If the participant is a consumer in the sense of § 13 BGB (German Civil Code), i.e. if he/she concludes the participation contract with the provider of the event for a purpose that cannot be attributed to his/her commercial or independent professional activity, he/she is granted a right of withdrawal with the following provisions. The right to rebook or cancel the event remains unaffected.
This contractual declaration can be revoked in text form (e-mail, fax or letter) within two weeks without stating reasons. The revocation period of 2 weeks begins after receipt of this instruction in text form and not before the conclusion of the contract or before the fulfillment of our duty to inform according to § 312 c Abs. 2 BGB in connection with § 1 Abs. 1, 2 and 4 BGB-InfoV as well as our duties according to § 312e Abs. 1 Satz 1 BGB in connection with § 3 BGB-InfoV.
The timely dispatch of the revocation is sufficient to comply with the revocation period.
Consequences of revocation
If there is an effective revocation, the services already received and benefits derived are to be returned. If this is impossible in whole or in part, compensation must be paid within 30 days of receipt of the cancellation notice.
In the case of a service, the right of withdrawal expires prematurely if the commissioned organizer has begun with the execution of the service with the express consent of the participant before the end of the withdrawal period or the participant has arranged this himself.
End of the cancellation policy
12. Rights to event materials
In our events, learning media from imbus AG are used and made available to the participants, in particular lecture slides, exercise books or, in the case of blended learning, content in a learning management system.
All such learning media are protected by copyright and are intended only for personal use by the respective training participants. The rights to the learning media and all its parts, including translation, reprinting and reproduction, are reserved by im-bus AG (or its licensors). No part of the learning media may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without the express written permission of imbus AG. Bartering, copying, duplicating or transferring, broadcasting or other use or toleration thereof is prohibited and may result in civil or criminal prosecution.
This applies to learning media in paper form as well as to digital documents.
If software is used during an event, the respective license agreements must be observed. In the case of face-to-face events, the software used may not be copied or removed from the event rooms without written permission from imbus.
13. Data protection and data use
imbus guarantees to handle stored personal data with care and to process it exclusively within the scope of the user's consent under data protection law.
Events with online access
In online events, participants can dial in via web application. This involves the transmission of audio and visual content, which may originate from the online participant, the trainer and other event participants. All participants are prohibited from recording this content.
By registering for an online event, participants agree that their audio and video content may be transmitted to other participants using the online conferencing software.
You can also find more details on this in the Academy's data protection statement.
Liability of participants at face-to-face events
For reasons of network security, data carriers brought along by participants may not be used on imbus computers. Likewise, computers brought along may not be integrated into a network together with imbus computers.
The participant who is responsible for any damage caused by violation of this rule, as well as for damage to hardware and equipment, is liable.
Liability of the organizer
To the extent permitted by law, liability claims against imbus are excluded. In particular, damages caused by computer viruses are excluded.
15. Information according to the Consumer Dispute Settlement Act
There is no obligation and no willingness on the part of imbus to participate in a dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board.
16. Other regulations
Additional agreements must be made in text form.
The place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from this contractual relationship is Erlangen.
The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply.
Version 2.1 from April 13, 2022
1. Scope of application
All free webinars of imbus AG.
Participation in imbus webinars is free of charge.
No written cancellation is required. imbus reserves the right to cancel the webinars even at short notice, up to one day in advance. Participants will be notified accordingly.
4. Data protection
5. Use of event documents
The contents of the organizer's website, the booking pages administered by the organizer and the webinar contents are protected by copyright. It is prohibited to take screenshots or video captures during the webinar. Any published webinar documents or recordings may only be used for the personal information of the participant. Any other form of use, in particular reproduction, making available to the public, duplication or processing - whether in electronic or printed form - is only permitted with the written consent of the organizer.
6. Telemedia law / liability for links
The organizer has no influence on the design and content of third-party websites. Should illegal content be found on websites linked by the organizer, he will immediately remove the links to these offers after becoming aware of the illegality of this content.
The webinars are conducted with the tools "GoToMeeting" or "GoToWebinar". Personal data required for registration with these providers are subject to the respective data protection declarations. imbus AG has no influence on these.
- The "Service Provider" provides a platform on www.imbus.de or www.qs-tag.de (hereinafter referred to as the "Download Area"), through which Users and the duly registered Participants can download content such as presentations, technical descriptions, price lists, etc.
- You can obtain information and contact details for the service provider via the Imprint link in the header or footer of the website.
2. Login / Registration
- The login/registration and access to the download area is free of charge. There is no legal claim to use.
- Individual contents can also be accessed/downloaded without registration. However, full use of the information available in the download area requires registration. Participants can register individually or receive a predefined registration code from the service provider (e.g. as part of a booked event).
- Individual content or individual thematic areas are only available to certain user groups. Here, only participants in the associated event or members of the associated user group are authorized to download the information contained in each case.
- You are only permitted to register if you are of legal age and have unlimited legal capacity. Minors are not allowed to register. In the case of a legal entity, the registration must be made by a natural person of unlimited legal capacity and authorized to represent the entity. There is no right to participate.
3. Right of withdrawal
If the User is a consumer within the meaning of Section 13 of the German Civil Code (BGB), i.e. concludes the contract of use with the Service Provider for a purpose that can be attributed neither to his commercial nor to his independent professional activity, he shall be granted a right of revocation with the following provisions. The right to terminate the use at any time remains unaffected.
This contract declaration can be revoked in text form (mail, fax, letter) within two weeks without giving reasons. The revocation period of 2 weeks begins after receipt of this instruction in text form and not before conclusion of the contract or before fulfillment of our duty to inform according to § 312 c Abs. 2 BGB in connection with § 1 Abs. 1, 2 and 4 BGB-InfoV as well as our duties according to § 312e Abs. 1 Satz 1 BGB in connection with § 3 BGB-InfoV.
To comply with the revocation period, it is sufficient to send the revocation in time. You can send the declaration of revocation to the following address:
91096 Moehrendorf, GERMANY
Fax: +49 9131 7518-50
Consequences of the revocation
If there is an effective revocation, the services already received and benefits derived are to be returned. If this is impossible in whole or in part, compensation must be paid within 30 days after sending the cancellation notice.
In the case of a service, your right of revocation expires prematurely if your contract partner has begun with the execution of the service with your express consent before the end of the revocation period or if you have initiated this yourself.
End of the cancellation policy
3. Handling of access data, termination of participation
- The contact data and other information requested by the service provider during the registration process must be provided by you completely and correctly. When registering a legal entity, the natural person authorized to represent the entity must also be provided. In addition, further information can be provided voluntarily. Multiple registration or registration with a pseudonym is not permitted. The user is obliged to inform the service provider immediately of any subsequent changes to his personal data.
- After providing all requested data, you will receive an e-mail confirming your registration at the e-mail address provided. The confirmation takes place via the link contained in this e-mail. Upon receipt of the e-mail, you are entitled to use the download area within the scope of these terms and conditions of participation and use.
- During the registration process, you will be asked to enter a user name or your e-mail address and a password. You can use this access data to log in to the download area after successful registration.
- The access data, including the password, must be kept secret by you and must not be made accessible to unauthorized third parties. Employees of the service provider will never ask you for your password.
- It is further your responsibility to ensure that your access to the download area and the use of the information and services available in the download area is exclusively by you or by persons authorized by you. If you suspect or are aware that your access data and, in particular, your password have become known to third parties, you are obligated to change your access data immediately or to request new access data from imbus. Employees of the service provider will never ask you for your password.
- You may cancel or terminate your registration/participation at any time by sending an informal e-mail to the e-mail address given in the imprint. Your access (download area user account) will then be deleted. You will then no longer be able to log in to access the download area. The contract for the use of the download area runs for an indefinite period. The contract can be terminated at any time without giving reasons and by either party.
4. Services, content, availability
- The service provider makes various information and other services available to you in the download area for temporary use. Such services may include, for example, making available data, contributions, image and sound documents, information and other content (hereinafter collectively referred to as "content"). The content and scope of the download options are determined by the underlying conditions in each case.
- Only free services are currently available in the download area. Should we decide to offer certain services or functionalities only for a fee, services/functionalities for which a fee is charged will be marked as such.
- The services available in the download area may also include services or links to third-party content to which imbus merely provides access. For the use of such services - which are marked as services of third parties - different or additional regulations may apply.
- The service provider may remove, change or update content in whole or in part from the download area at any time. There is no claim to the availability of a certain content or to its suitability for a certain purpose. The service provider may change or completely discontinue the service at any time.
5. Protection of content, responsibility for third-party content
- The contents available in the download area are predominantly protected by copyright or other protective rights and are in each case the property of the service provider or other third parties who have made the respective contents available. The compilation of the contents as such may be protected as a database or database work within the meaning of §§ 4 para. 2, 87a of the German Copyright Act. §§ 4 para. 2, 87a para. 1 UrhG. You may only use this content in accordance with these terms of participation and use and the framework specified in the download area.
- The content available in the download area originates partly from the service provider and partly from other third parties. Content from other third parties is hereinafter collectively referred to as "Third Party Content". This also applies with regard to the quality of the third-party content and its suitability for a specific purpose, and also insofar as it concerns third-party content on linked external websites.
6. Use of chargeable services
- The service provider reserves the right to also offer individual content and/or individual services for a fee in the future. Paid content/services will be explicitly marked as such and will only be activated and charged for after explicit confirmation by you.
7. Right to use available content
Your right of use is limited to accessing the download area and to using the information and services available in the download area. Unless further use is expressly permitted in these terms of participation and use or in the download area,
- You may access and display the content available in the download area online solely for personal, non-commercial purposes. Any use for or in connection with commercial purposes is prohibited unless such use has been expressly permitted to you in advance and in writing by the service provider.
- You are prohibited from editing, modifying, translating, displaying or performing, publishing, exhibiting, reproducing or distributing any content available on the download area, in whole or in part. You are also prohibited from removing or altering any copyright notices, logos or other marks or notices of protection.
- You are also prohibited from taking any action that could interfere with the smooth operation of the download area, in particular by placing an excessive load on the service provider's systems.
You are only entitled to download contents ("Download") as well as to print out contents, as far as a possibility for downloading or printing is available on the download area as a functionality (e.g. by means of a download button). You are not entitled to access content via other means (such as API access) unless such use has been expressly permitted to you in writing by the service provider in advance.
You are granted a non-exclusive right of use for an indefinite period of time to the content that you have duly downloaded or printed out for your own non-commercial purposes. Insofar as the content is provided to you in return for payment as part of other services (e.g. participation in an event), a further prerequisite for this granting of rights is full payment for the respective services. Otherwise, all rights to the content remain with the original rights holder (the service provider or the respective third party).
Your mandatory statutory rights (including the reproduction for private and other own use according to § 53 UrhG) remain unaffected.
8. Access blocking
- The service provider may block your access to the download area temporarily or permanently if there are concrete indications that you are violating or have violated these Terms of Participation and Use and/or applicable law, or if the service provider has another legitimate interest in blocking you. When deciding on a blocking, the service provider will take your legitimate interests into account appropriately.
- In the event of temporary or permanent blocking, the service provider will block your access authorization and notify you of this by e-mail.
- In the event of a temporary block, the service provider will reactivate the access authorization after the blocking period has expired and notify you of this by e-mail.
9. Processing of your personal data
The service provider will treat your personal data confidentially and in accordance with the provisions of applicable data protection law and will not disclose it to third parties without authorization.
- In addition, the service provider will only use your personal data if you have expressly consented to this. You can revoke your consent at any time by sending us an e-mail or letter to the contact details given in the imprint.
10. Limitation of liability
- Limitation of liability for free services: If you incur damage as a result of using services provided free of charge on the download area (including the retrieval of free content), the service provider is liable only to the extent that your damage occurred as a result of the contractual use of the free content and/or services, and only in the event of intent (including fraudulent intent) and gross negligence on the part of the service provider. The present liability regulations also apply in the case of liability of imbus AG for the fault of its vicarious agents.
- Limitation of Liability for Chargeable Services: Within the scope of the use of chargeable services (including the retrieval of chargeable content) by you, the service provider is liable according to the following regulations: The service provider shall be liable without limitation for damages caused by the service provider or by its legal representatives, executive employees or simple vicarious agents intentionally or through gross negligence. The Service Provider shall not be liable in cases of slightly negligent violation of insignificant contractual obligations. In all other cases, the liability of the Service Provider for damages caused by slight negligence shall be limited to those damages that can typically be expected to occur within the scope of the respective contractual relationship (foreseeable damages typical for the contract). This shall also apply to slightly negligent breaches of duty by the Service Provider's legal representatives, executives or simple vicarious agents.
- The aforementioned limitation of liability shall not apply in the case of fraudulent intent, in the case of bodily injury or personal injury, for the breach of warranties and for claims arising from product liability.
11. Other provisions
- Written form requirement: Unless expressly stated otherwise in these Terms of Participation and Use, all declarations made in connection with participation in the download area must be made in writing or by e-mail. The e-mail address of the service provider and the postal address of the service provider are given in the imprint. The Service Provider reserves the right to change the contact details. In the event of such a change, the service provider will update the imprint.
- Severability clause: Should any provision of these Terms of Participation and Use be or become invalid, this shall not affect the legal validity of the remaining provisions. In place of the invalid provision, a valid provision shall be deemed to have been agreed which comes as close as possible to the economic purpose intended by the parties.
- Applicable law: These Terms and Conditions of Participation and Use are governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, excluding the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG).
- Place of jurisdiction: The exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from these Terms of Participation and Use shall be the registered office of the Service Provider, insofar as such an agreement on the place of jurisdiction is permissible.