Strengthen software quality, at code and architecture level, by using different analysis techniques and reviews. Select appropriate white-box testing techniques and apply them in a coverage-oriented manner. Identify technical risks associated with non-functional software quality characteristics and specify appropriate tests. Understand costs, benefits and concepts of test automation types and select suitable tools for them.
You know techniques for deriving and specifying software tests, structure-based at white-box level. You will select test design techniques and apply them in a target-oriented manner. You will apply static analyses and dynamic analyses and know how to check the fulfilment of the requirements for technical, non-functional software quality characteristics according to ISO 25010 with the help of dynamic and static tests.
You will contribute the technical consultant's perspective to technical reviews, analyse architectural designs and programme code, and identify potential problems using checklists.
You will be able to weigh up the possible uses and limitations of widely spread software testing tools, e.g. for test automation and performance testing, and make specific, well-founded recommendations for the selection and introduction of the suitable tools for your project situation.
You will deepen your newly acquired knowledge in numerous exercises and benefit from the exchange of experience with the other course participants.
You will be well prepared to take the certification exam directly after the course or at another date of your choice.
- The Technical Test Analyst's Tasks in Risk-Based Testing
- White-box Test Techniques
- Statement Testing
- Decision Testing
- Modified Condition/Decision Coverage (MC/DC) Testing
- Multiple Condition Testing
- Basis Path Testing
- Selection of Test Techniques
- Static Analysis
- Control Flow Analysis
- Data Flow Analysis
- Static Analysis for Improving Maintainability Call Graphs
- Call Graphs
- Dynamic Analysis
- Memory Leaks
- Wild Pointers
- Analysis of Performance Efficiency
- Quality Characteristics in Technical Tests
- General Planning Issues
- ISO 25010
- Security Testing
- Reliability Testing (Software Maturity, Fault Tolerance, Recoverability, Availability, Reliability)
- Performance Efficiency Testing
- Maintainability Testing
- Portability Testing (Installability, Adaptability, Replaceability)
- Compatibility Testing (Co-existence)
- Tasks, Use of Checklists, Architectural Reviews, Code Reviews
- Test Tools and Automation
- Test Automation Project & Automation Approach
- Fault Seeding/Fault Injection Tools
- Performance Testing Tools
- Tools for Web-Based Testing
- Tools to Support Model-Based Testing
- Component Testing and Build Tools
- Tools to Support Mobile Application Testing
Delegates, registering for a public training course, will receive a free copy of the study guide“The Software Test Engineer's Handbook: A Study Guide for the ISTQB Test Analyst and Technical Test Analyst Advanced Level Certificates” by Graham Bath and Judy McKay.
During registration, you can book your participation in the corresponding certification examination.
With this booking you agree that we may forward your data to the examination company GASQ Service GmbH, Rothenburger Straße 11, 90443 Nuremberg, Germany.
The examination fee is not included in the course fee and will be listed separately.
If there are requirements for participating in the examination, we will send you a separate registration form in which the valid requirements will be queried.
Examinations can generally be ordered in both German and English.
Non-native speakers can receive a time bonus for the exam - please feel free to contact us about this.
If you are interested in seeking the certification at a later date, we will inform you about the possibilities to find a suitable examination date.
Exams in connection with Virtual Classroom seminars
You can take the exam following your Virtual Classroom Training flexibly as a remote online exam. You will receive a voucher code from us with which you can book your personal exam at a date and time of your choice.
You will receive a detailed description of the technical requirements and the software used for an remote online exam after registering for a Virtual Classroom training.
The course contents are based on profound knowledge of the contents of the courses ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level. We therefore recommend to participate in the “ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level“ training course prior to attending, or to repeat the contents of the current version of the syllabus.
- Experienced Software Testers
- Test Analysts
- Test Managers
- Test Consultants
1.620,00 € * term guarantee
220,00 € *
please select your dates
* All prices here do not include German legal VAT
legend and explanation of the signs
term guarantee term guarantee
discounted price discounted price