- This course is accredited by the ISTQB® according to the current curriculum V2012
- Examination preparation for the acquisition of ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level, Test Manager
- A training course of the imbus imbus team of authors
- Bookable as inhouse event
As a test manager, you will receive the necessary tools to manage the challenges of your everyday working life professionally - starting from the justification of testing efforts and the planning up to the constant monitoring of the testing process. In addition you will get perfectly prepared for the test.
The training calls for you at your typical tasks and problems as a project and test manager.
It develops your skills necessary for the operative test management by which you are able to successfully plan, control and monitor software tests in your projects. You will also learn the methods of the strategic test management by which you will be able to introduce, establish and continually improve software tests and reviewing in the company as effective, firmly anchored process by perfectly supported tools.
According to international rules and standards you will get to know different documents regarding the test planning and you will be introduced to the basics and the contexts between fault, risk and test management. You will find out, which quality data and error statistics can be obtained during the test procedure and how the decisions for the product release can be made based on such objective test data.
You will receive an overview of different forms of organizing software tests as well as of their possible advantages and disadvantages. Thus, you can make a well-founded choice of the perfect organizational form for your specific situation. The theme complex “test process improvement” meets the permanent challenge for test managers to adapt and optimize the present processes. You will get to know different models of the project improvement and learn how to use them.
In conclusion, the tester’s part in the company, his specific situation as well the professional and social skills he needs will be treated in the workshop.
By means of exercises, the workshop subjects will be deepened and the experience exchange amongst the participants will be encouraged. You are now perfectly prepared for participation in the certification test right after the workshop or at a date of your choice.
- Test process
- Test in the course of the software development
- Management of non-functional tests
- Management of the experience based test s
- Risk-oriented test, test planning, estimation of the test effort
- Test documentation and further working results
- Test control and monitoring, metrics
- Added value of the testing
- Fault management
- Rules and standards for the test management (i. a. IEEE 829, IEEE 1028, IEEE 1044, ISO 9126, ISO 25000, ISO 15504)
- Test process improvement (i. a. TMMi, TPI Next)
- Organizational forms of the testing
- The testing team (parts, communication, motivation, ...)
- Tools in the test process
The course allies directly to the contents of the “ISTQB® CertifiedTester Foundation Level“ curriculum. Therefore, prior to that, we recommend the participation in the “ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level“ workshop or the revision of the contents in the current version of the curriculum.
You can book the participation in the corresponding certification exam along with your booking for the course. The exam fees are not included in the course fees. You will find any applicable preconditions for the participation in the exam in the booking form. If you are interested in taking a certification exam at a later time, we will inform you about the possibilities to find a suitable exam date.
- Test Consultants