Serious Test Case Design
You will have a good understanding of a number of test case design techniques. You will find the best technique for each project situation and you will be able to determine what makes it the best.
During test analysis and design, there are a number of different test case design techniques that can be used for creating test cases for a given set of requirements.
During test analysis and design, you have to master the following tasks:
- Review the requirements
- Evaluate whether the requirements and software are testable
- Identify and prioritize the test conditions in the requirements based on what is important to the project
- Design and prioritize test cases to cover those test conditions
- Identify the necessary test data to support the test cases
- Create a trace between the test conditions and the test cases
The goal is to provide adequate test coverage for the requirements in order to gain confidence in a system being tested.
- Raise your proficiency in a number of test case design techniques, both manual and tool supported
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of each technique
- Contrast and compare the number of test cases and the amount of test coverage obtained by each technique across the same problems
- Gain hands-on experience with a number of test case design tools
- Installing the testing tools that will be used in the course
- Testing definitions:
- What is test case design?
- What is a test case?
- What is the Test Basis?
- What are Test Conditions?
- Manual Test Case Design Techniques
- Equivalence Partitioning
- Boundary Value Analysis
- Decision Tables
- Use Case Testing
- Test Case Design Techniques supported by tools:
- Classification Trees
- Pairwise Testing using a number of tools
- Combinatorial Testing
- Mind Mapping
- Cause-Effect Graphing
- Compare the number of test cases and the amount of test coverage for each Test Case Design Technique for the same problems
- Side by side comparison of the features of each Test Case Design Technique
- The Do’s and Don’ts of writing test cases
There are two binders of material provided. The course includes extensive examples and exercises to cover each test case design technique.
NOTE: Laptop computers are required for this course. Access to the internet is also required.
- Test Consultants
- Business Analytiker
- Product Manager
- Product Owner
- Scrum Master
- System Architects