ISTQB® Advanced Security Tester
Introducing Security Testing according to ISTQB®
The Advanced Security Tester course, created by Rex Black, provides test engineers with advanced skills in security testing analysis, design, and execution through direct instruction and group exercises.
This hands-on course provides security testers with the ability to define and carry out the tasks required to put the strategy into action and is ideal for testers and test teams preparing for certification. In preparation for the exam, participants will key concepts related to security threats, risks, policies and procedures, and how to address those through testing processes integrated into the software lifecycle.
- Plan, perform and evaluate security tests from a variety of perspectives – policy-based, risk-based, standards-based, requirements-based and vulnerability-based.
- Align security testing activities with project lifecycle activities.
- Analyze the effective use of risk assessment techniques in a given situation to identify current and future security threats and assess their severity levels.
- Evaluate the existing security test suite and identify any additional penetration tests.
- Analyze a given set of security policies and procedures, along with security test results, to determine effectiveness.
- For a given project scenario, identify security test objectives based on functionality, technology attributes and known vulnerabilities.
- Analyze a given situation and determine which security testing approaches are most likely to succeed in that situation.
- Identify areas where additional or enhanced security testing may be needed.
- Evaluate effectiveness of security mechanisms.
- Help the organization build information security awareness.
- Demonstrate the attacker mentality by discovering key information about a target, performing actions on a test application in a protected environment that a malicious person would perform, and understand how evidence of the attack could be deleted.
- Analyze a given interim security test status report to determine the level of accuracy, understandability, and stakeholder appropriateness.
- Analyze and document security testing needs to be addressed by one or more tools.
- Analyze and select candidate security test tools for a given tool search based on specified needs.
- Understand the benefits of using security testing standards and where to find them.
Purchase of course tuition includes:
- Instructor-led three-day course
- A set of approximately 300 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- NEW!! A downloadable copy of the complete note set. View the materials on and/or download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the ISTQB Syllabus and Glossary.
- Foundation Sample Exam Questions and Foundation Level mock exam to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- ISTQB Advanced Level Syllabus Security Tester The latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by members of the ISTQB
- Advanced Security Tester Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course. A complete set of questions for every learning objective in the Security Tester module of the ISTQB Advanced Syllabus.
- Advanced Security Tester Mock Exam
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Add-on option of printed copies of written course materials and/or supplemental textbook, “CompTIA Security+ All-in-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition (Exam SY0-401)”
- Add-on option of ePub format or Amazon Kindle format versions of “CompTIA Security+ All-in-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition (Exam SY0-401)”
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
The course contents are based on profound knowledge of the contents of the courses ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level. We therefore recommend to participate in the “ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level“ training course prior to attending, or to repeat the contents of the current version of the syllabus.
- Business Analytiker
- Erfahrene Softwaretester
- Interessenten an der Zertifizierung
- Mobile Tester
- Personen, die in ihrem Unternehmen Anforderungen erheben